Monday, February 27, 2012

Quick & Easy Green Beans

Fresh green beans are one of my favorite vegetables to make. They're healthy, they don't take long to cook, they're easy to make and they have good re-heat value. Oh, and they're delicious!

This is the main way I make green beans, although I don't have exact measurings / timings for this 'recipe' because it really depends on you!

1. Put some butter or olive oil in a pan and heat it up (I tend to use both because I love butter but I don't want it to be super unhealthy either.)
2. Dump in a bunch of green beans. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. You can also add other favorite seasonings if you like, I occasionally throw in garlic. Stir them around a bit so that all of them can cook. This is what we call "sauteed green beans."

3. The beans will start to become less rigid as they cook. That's how you can tell they're getting close to done, it usually takes about 5 minutes. I've gotten to the point where I can tell that they're as cooked as I like them (I still like them fairly crispy), but if I'm unsure I just pick one out of the pan and eat it to see. That's usually the easiest way.

4. Optional: Top them off with lemon juice. Squeeze to taste. Sometimes I do soy sauce instead of lemon juice. Either way is quite delicious!

Yummy!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. i have never made fresh green beans! those look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete