Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#51 New Recipes: Slow-Cooker Scalloped Potatoes

I love finding new things to do with my slow-cooker, especially when it's a new way to make potatoes! Growing up my Grandmother Gail always made great scalloped potatoes and I always wondered how to make them, but I was too lazy to look up a recipe and find out. This past weekend I learned her big secret: they were from a box!

Well these are fresh and they're just a delicious and easy as my Grandmother's - now she wants MY recipe.



Serves 12
Here is what you need:
- 1 cup sour cream (You can use light)
- 1 can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 lb small red potatoes (I used Yukon Gold)
- 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese or cheese blend
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives for topping

1. Thinly slice potatoes and set aside.

2. Mix sour cream, can of soup and worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl.

3. Add thinly sliced potatoes to the mixture and mix until all potatoes are well coated.

4. Layer half of the potatoes into the slow cooker.

5. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top and then add the rest of the potatoes followed by the rest of the cheese.

7. Cook on HIGH for 3.5 to 4.5 hours (or on LOW 7 to 8 hours). Serve topped with a sprinkle of paprika and chives. If you don't have chives you can substitute parsley. Or you can be like me and completely forget and eat it without either because it's already delicious!

I was worried that the heat would do weird things to the consistency of the sour cream, but the texture of the potatoes and the sauce was perfect. Chef Hubby was very impressed (which is my goal with every new recipe) and I know I'll be making this easy recipe again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment