Friday, December 23, 2011

#51 New Recipes - Artichoke Crusted Chicken Breasts

Artichokes are one of my favorites foods. Chicken is also high up on the list. The idea of crusting my chicken with artichoke put  me into raptures of joy... and it was just as fantastically delicious as I hoped!



Ingredients:
2 six-ounce chicken breasts, pounded thin
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (either canned or thawed frozen ones)
1/3 cup grated white cheddar cheese (I used an Italian blend)
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1. Pound the chicken breasts flat. Salt and pepper the chicken and then saute each chicken breast in olive oil on medium-high heat, for about 8-10 minutes, flipping once, or until the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Set aside. Preheat oven to broil.
(Obviously I tripled the recipe =)

2. Have your friend / kitchen slave Katieschmatie chop up the artichokes while you're doing the chicken:
3. Mix together the mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and cheddar cheese until evenly distributed. Spread the mixture over the sauteed chicken breast.
4. Broil for about 3 minutes. Check them every couple of minutes - broiling can lead to burning very quickly. When the cheese is melted and bubbling and the tops are golden, remove serve, and being accepting compliments.
(I served mine with the Brussels sprouts recipe in my previous entry, nice and healthy dinner!)

I'm going to be making this dish a lot... Probably try it with miracle whip and see if it's still just as good to try and make it a little bit healthier. Or cut down on the amount of mayo and up the amount of artichokes... but over all, this is one of my favorite recipes that I've tried so far and I have a feeling it's going to become a staple in our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment