Tuesday, December 20, 2011

#32 - Send a Surprise Care Package to a Friend

This is something I have been wanting to do every Christmas since one of my best friends, Audrey, moved across the country to Arizona. And every Christmas, I end up not doing it. Sometimes it's something as simple as I don't have the money to actually ship something to AZ. Sometimes I know she's coming out here to visit for New Years and so it's not worth the money when I could just wait a few weeks. There's always some reason or excuse and so she always gets her Christmas present late.

Not this year.

This year I'm doing 101 Tasks in 1001 Days and I purposefully made one of those tasks: Send a surprise care package to a friend. Normally people would probably say, but it's Christmas, how is that a surprise? Well it's a surprise because I've never done it before, she's been living in AZ for years and so it was completely unexpected.

Marvelous Moose and I teamed up for this one, and another friend, Jimmy, added his contribution as well. We sent a little Christmas bundle of love to our friend Audrey, which she received yesterday, to her shock and pleasure.

We know that Audrey doesn't need presents or material items to know that we love and miss her, but sending a tangible show of love touches much more deeply than mere words. It's not about what's in the package, it's that we took the time to put it together (and handmake some AWESOME cards) and send it. And so this Christmas season, we've spread our love all the way to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment