Monday, November 28, 2011

Trying out Dry Shampoo

I hate getting up in the mornings. I'm not one of those girls who wakes up an hour and a half before she has to leave the house, takes a shower, blow-drys her hair, puts on make-up, picks out a cute outfit and eats breakfast before heading off to work. My alarm goes off about 20 minutes before I have to be out the door, and I always hit the snooze button at least once. I shower in the evenings, I pick out my cute outfits on Sunday and hang them up in my closet so I don't have to think about it, and I rarely wear make-up to work.

But what about those days when my hair feels greasy? Or limp? Or just plain dirty? And even putting it into a pony-tail doesn't make it look less gross? Well, TRESemme hair products claims to have the solution with its Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair. It's a waterless, oil and odor remover with mineral clay and citrus. No shower necessary and it's supposed to take less than 3 minutes. Sounds perfect for a girl like me!

One morning when my hair was a greasy clump (especially at the roots), I decided to try it out.


It smells a little odd, and I definitely recommend holding your breath (the inside of my mouth felt chalky after I breathed in, the stuff apparently hangs in the air longer than hairspray does.)

After spraying my hair, from the directed distance of 8-12 inches, I was looking a little bit different already...
Hmmm. I seem to have gone prematurely grey. But it's not a true experiment unless I go all the way, so I left it in for two minutes while I brushed by teeth and put on my shoes, hoping that the grim dusting would brush out as thoroughly as promised.

Sure enough, 2 short minutes and one brisk brushing later, my hair felt a little weird but it looked great!:


It's definitely not as good as a shower, my hair felt a little stiff rather than being soft to the touch, but I got compliments all day on how nice it looked. I lost some volume, but it had a silky smooth appearance that made up for that. All in all a shower is going to be more effective, but if you're in a hurry and you don't have time, dry shampoo is a quick and easy alternative!

3 comments:

  1. I love that stuff. I keep it on hand and it's especially great for the wispy hair or bangs near your face that so easily get weighed down by any dirt or oil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've always wondered about that! thanks muffs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL. Tresemme is, in my experience, by far the WORST dry shampoo! Check out Batiste-- you can get it at Sally's, it's about $8 a bottle and is much, much lighter...

    ReplyDelete